JetSet Coco

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Paris: Latin Quarter


Jardin de Luxembourg

In previous visits to Paris, I have stayed in several of the different arrondisements: Montparnasse, Champs-Elysees, and my personal favorite, Le Marais. This time around, I thought it would be fun to try out the Latin Quarter. I previously had only dabbled into the Latin Quarter, stopping at the Shakespeare and Company bookstore and wandering the cobblestone streets lined with endless ethnic food stands, fondue restaurants, and the plate smashing Greek restaurants. We stayed at Select Hotel, right in the Place de la Sorbonne, which is a beautiful cafe lined square leading to the famous Sorbonne University. The room was tiny, as per any Parisian hotel, but it had a balcony with a birds eye view of the university as well as the whole square. Staying in the Latin Quarter was ideal because it allowed me to explore new sights that I hadn't visited on previous trips to Paris, such as the Pantheon, which was a 5 minute walk from our hotel, and the beautiful Jardin de Luxembourg, an equally short walk. This garden was so amazing, even on a cloudy day! I can't believe it took me this long to finally go there, but I will definitely be back. The best part about the Latin Quarter is that's it's walkable distance to all my favorite parts of the city- the shopping in Saint Germain and the Opera, and exploring the quaint streets and shops of Le Marais.

Jardin de Luxembourg





The Pantheon


The Pantheon



Streets of the Latin Quarter

Sorbonne University, the square where our hotel was

Cafes in the square next to our hotel

Little Balcony

View from our hotel room

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of Paris! I can't wait to see the rest of them.
    xoxo
    Katie

    ReplyDelete