JetSet Coco

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dreaming of a Beach Cottage Christmas



With my parents still living in their beach home conveniently located across the street from the beautiful beach in Carlsbad, I am fortunate to have a refuge from the unbearably frigid east coast winters each Christmas. While the decor is continually changing in my home, I was pleasantly surprised to see the quirky decorations my mom displayed this year. Ditching the traditional reds and greens of Christmas, my crafty mom chose a neutral seashell palette accented in hot pinks, aqua, and blues to create the perfect beach cottage shabby chic appeal. I must have gotten my style sense from her!


Our tree, mainly adorned with seashell ornaments




Home made floral arrangements



Home made shell wreath

Original painting by the talented Diane O'Connell



No comments:

Post a Comment