JetSet Coco

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Afternoon Tea in NYC

Lady Mendl's Tea Salon

Ever since I was a kid, I've had an infatuation with tea parties, and amassed an enormous tea set collection early on. As an adult, I still enjoy a good afternoon tea, especially if they spice it up a little bit with some champagne at the end! My favorite tea house in NYC happens to be on Irving Place (once again that tiny street houses another of my city favorites!) Lady Mendl's Tea Salon takes the cake for having the sweetest afternoon tea going in the city! As soon as you walk up the brownstone's steps and enter the romantic Inn at Irving Place, you know you are in for a treat! The ornate decor leads you to believe that you are stepping immediately back in time to England where tea time was a necessity, not a special occasion. All of the sandwiches, freshly home-made scones, and petifores are to die for, and the tea of course, is fantastic! If you find yourself at Central Park or shopping on 5th Ave, you have another posh option for tea at BG, the restaurant on the top floor of Bergdorf Goodman. The gorgeous chairs and clear view of the park make this a swanky option for tea. Unfortunately, my service wasn't impressive, but I would definitely give it another shot just to sit in their fabulously decorated restaurant.

Lady Mendl's with my sister

Tea at BG with my mom




Love the chairs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment