JetSet Coco

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

MET Addict


Over the years there have been some incredible exhibits that I've encountered at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. My favorite by far though was the American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity that ended this past August. Each room of the exhibit represented the fashions and vibe of a different decade. Of course, the roaring 20's stole my heart. The beaded flapper gowns were even more fabulous in person that I could have ever imagined! Each one was beautifully draped and embellished in a demure pastel palette that was simply stunning. The immaculate craftmanship that went into each of these meticulously detailed dresses blows my mind, and I'm astonished at how well preserved they are for their age! I wish that I could own one myself!



No comments:

Post a Comment