JetSet Coco

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Artsy Fartsy



What did you do this Monday? I glittered boobs... literally! Just one of my many fun tasks yesterday as a volunteer for the Fountain Miami 2010 Art Fair. As the opening day quickly approaches, there are many things yet to be finished for the grand opening this Thursday. Yesterday I worked with the wonderful Christina Ray Gallery from NYC to unwrap all their paintings and artwork and prepare them to hang. Then, I met with the performing artist sisters Ariele and Audina from the Alice Chilton Gallery of Brooklyn to help them prepare props for their acts. First mission, oddly enough, was to stuff boobs made out of nylon, and then glitter all of them. It was a surprisingly fun task that took a vast part of my day, with hundreds of boobs to create. I'm interested to see how they use them in their performance art acts. Artists and gallery owners are shuffling to get all the art and instillations hung up and presentable. The gallery space is starting to look amazing and I've already fallen in love with several artists' work. I'm really looking forward to whatever quirky assignments my volunteer work today brings me.





No comments:

Post a Comment